NEW: Zero (!) Load Time Bot Tester For Your Live Campaigns
So, a couple of weeks ago I promised you an updated bot detection script, based on the research that I did into 2017’s bot population.
And here it is!
Features Of This Script
- Gives you an accurate read on the percentage of common bot traffic clicking your ad links.
- Effectively zero impact on page load time, meaning you can use it on all campaigns.
- Won’t trigger false negatives from bots which look for URLs in the page.
What You Need To Use This Script
- A campaign running on any traffic source that uses a landing page.
- An external tracker like Voluum or Funnel Flux – basically, any campaign tracking tool.
That’s it! This script won’t work for direct-linked campaigns (at least not without doing something most offer owners won’t like – see “Using This With Direct Linking”, below), but you can use it on any landing page.
How To Use The Script
If you’re using a flow-based tracker like FunnelFlux, add that offer as a branch from your landing page, as if you were going to add a second CTA to the page.
Copy the Action URL for that offer, as if you were going to paste it into a landing page.
Copy your Multi-Offer Click URL as if you were going to add it to a landing page. You may also need to modify your landing page to use the Multi-Offer Click URL for your actual offer.
Copy the URL you’d use to send people to the new offer in your campaign if you were adding a second CTA to the lander.
Paste the Action URL / Multi-Offer Click URL for your new offer into a text editor.
Split it into two lines ...